Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Never Fails

So I had all these great plans to start blogging something fierce this week ya know. I'm all excited, throwing around ideas for posts...then I got brought back down to earth real quick.

Saturday I was stopped and waiting to turn left into my subdivision when a big ass Dodge Ram slams into the back of my little Honda Civic at full speed. The fella just kept saying, I'm sorry...I didn't see you. I'm sorry. Funny he didn't see me because I'd been sitting there long before he got anywhere near me...the truth is that someone was off in la la land and wasn't paying attention until it was too late. So my car spins in a 180 from the impact, causing my head to slam into the seat belt thing on the car panel...which resulted in a nice laceration and long story short, my car is totaled and I have 3 staples in the side of my head. Sigh. But it could have been worse.

So now I am in a rental car. The police report just became ready today and now I'm trying to get his insurance company to bother themselves with returning my phone call...and simultaneously car shopping. Soooooooooo. My super duper return to the blog world is going to be ever so slightly delayed. But it WILL happen!

Off to find a doctor to who will take these staples out of my head Friday so I don't have to go back to the ER. And for those of you who commented on my wedding pics on the photographers blog...thank you!! I am only 2 comments away from getting 6 free pictures so you guys are awesome! Thanks!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes we life for granted when it could all end so suddenly. I am sorry this happened to you, but glad you are "ok".

5/13/2010 1:05 AM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

I am glad to hear you are OK. Having been through this 18 months ago, I'd like to offer some advice.

If his insurance folks give you any trouble, call yours. Let you people deal with his people. That is one of the reasons why they are there. It will not effect your premiums any more than being involved in the accident to begin with.

Make sure they pay your medical bills and any missed time from work.

Make sure you get cleared by your doctor (and chiropractor if you have one) before you agree to a final medical payment.

You can and should settle the car claim separately from your medical claim.

Be prepared for them to make you a low ball offer on the value of your totaled car. Like unable to replace it low. And push back.

Now, go take a nap and get better than "ok".

5/13/2010 9:24 AM  
Blogger Maja said...

oh my god staples to the head sounds pretty major to me!

I agree with the professor, get your insurance company to deal with his insurance.

That totally sucks but I hope you get a nice new car out of it.

5/15/2010 2:30 AM  
Blogger insan sepi said...

nice antry ...

5/17/2010 10:53 AM  
Blogger Bubba said...

Well, you said you wanted to post something fierce; well, that accident sounded pretty fierce to me, and it also has the benefit of being totally real. (Be careful what you wish for!)

5/21/2010 9:44 AM  
Blogger berly02 said...

ummm, wow
Good luck with the insurance company.

5/21/2010 5:23 PM  
Blogger Quicksilver said...

Wow, accidents are brutal - wish you well - have been suffering from a fall taken 18 months ago - head first down some stairs - their fault - surgery, recovery, physio - I feel your pain.

5/24/2010 8:53 AM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

OMG I hope youre ok!!!

5/27/2010 4:19 PM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

I hope you are well. You leave us with a story about a car totaling accident and then you go silent. I know that your pattern is post then quiet, but ...

6/02/2010 10:26 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

SOME folks will go to great lengths to procrastinate writing a new post LMAO!

Just sayin...

But hey, glad you are okay. I'm sure your husband thinks your scar is sexy :)

6/03/2010 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?